Perfect muffins for breakfast or a snack, full of fiber and antioxidants.
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour or flour Kamut
- 1 cup mixture of old grains (oats, rye, barley, spelled, millet, flax seeds, quinoa …)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup olive or canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 3/4 cup pure orange juice
- 1/3 cup goji berry, dates or dried cranberries
- Soak the old grains mix in 3/4 cup orange juice for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine egg, oil and 1/2 cup orange juice. Add the soaked grains in this mixture with goji berries or cranberries.
- Add the dry mixture and stir to moisten. Divide the dough in silicone or paper muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Cool on a wire rack.