I had no flour and no milk, so my ability to bake a dessert were quite limited. I searched the web for a long time and decide to try a recipe for apple and quinoa crisp. The result was very interesting, so this is a recipe to do again, as much for lunch as a snack or dessert.
- 1/4 cup of quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 3-4 apples, chopped (with or without skin)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or to taste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons of coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a baking dish, put the quinoa, water, diced apples, maple syrup and cinnamon. Cover and cook about 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed by the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut oil, brown sugar and pecans.
- Remove the dish from the oven, pour the mixture on top and sprinkle with oatmeal.
- Cook uncovered for another 20 minutes.
Recipe inspired from the website: Healthful Pursuit