A simple recipe for crepes, because in the morning I do not have time to look for new recipes. I do not know why, but I often screw up my crepes and this recipe has finally passed the test. I use organic white unbleached all-purpose flour made by La Milanese. Serve the crepes with yogurt, toasted nuts, maple syrup and fresh fruits.
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon coconut oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sugar or maple sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour and the eggs. Gradually add the milk, stirring to combine. Add the salt, the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of butter or coconut oil; beat until smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side for a few seconds. Serve hot.