Excellent American style pancakes, puffy and light. Be careful that the pan is not too hot, otherwise the pancakes will be overcooked on the outside and doughy on the inside (what I learned in my first attempt). I like to top it with yogurt, chopped walnuts and maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or thawed
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well and pour in the eggs. Whisk in the milk gradually.
- When the dough is smooth and homogeneous, add the maple syrup, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Let stand about 30 minutes to 1 hour in the refrigerator and stir in baking powder. If there are lumps, pass the batter through a sieve.
- Add blueberries and don’t over mix.
- In an oiled nonstick skillet, heat over medium heat and pour in the mixture. Cook pancakes until they are filled with bubbles and the under-side in golden brown. Turn and brown the other side.