The delicious main-course salads at Mandy’s on Crescent Street in Montreal are very inspiring. Here is a very nourishing version rich in vitamin C, folate, fiber and antioxidants. Mandy’s is a must for lunch if you ‘re in the area!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen brussels sprouts (I used frozen), cooked, cooled and cut into thin slices
- 1 blood orange, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 avocado diced
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp grain mustard ( old )
- 2 tsp maple syrup (I used the yuzu maple syrup by Isens, yum! )
- In a small bowl, blend the oil with the lemon juice, mustard and maple syrup.
- In a bowl, toss the pieces of Brussels sprouts, blood orange and avocado.
- Pour dressing and sprinkle the pumpkin seeds, serve and enjoy immediately!