This classic French dessert is one of the first I learned to do. Simple, light and delicious, it can be prepare in various ways, but the cherry is my favorite. The basic recipe for the dough varies little from one recipe to another, there is not much room for imagination. This kind of flan can be used as brunch, afternoon tea or dessert. Perfect for unannounced visits.
- 3 cups pitted fresh or canned cherries
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 milk
- 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla, kirsch, amaretto or other alcohol to taste.
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the egg beater, sugar, milk, salt, flour, melted butter, vanilla essence.
- Butter or a little oil to coconut in the bottom of a baking dish. Pour cherries in background.
- Add the cherries on the device (you can sift if there are lumps).
- Bake about 50 to 60 minutes at 350F, until a knife comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and served warm or cold.