A nutritious snack, vegetarian, paleo and gluten free. The chia seed is rich in fiber, protein, omega-3, calcium, phosphorus and manganese.
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk (I like the Silk True Almond)
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Sprinkle chia seeds in a bowl with the almond milk and stir to prevent the seeds clump.
- Leave chia seeds absorb the liquid for about 40 minutes, or until the pudding is the consistency of tapioca. Stir occasionally as needed.
- Cover, refrigerate and serve.
- For a smooth texture, refrigerate for about 8 hours, then blend with a high-powered blender like the Vitamix. Garnish with coconut or dark chocolate chips.