A delicate granite which can be served as a dessert or before your main dish. The addition of apple juice cuts the bitterness of cranberry and makes a delicious granita. You do not need an ice cream maker for this recipe. You can also prepare it the day before or the same day (at least 5 hours before serving).
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup of vodka GREY GOOSE L’Orange (or add a few drops of lime juice if desired)
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Whisk the cranberry juice and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat just until the sugar dissolves.
- Let cool completely and then add the vodka GREY GOOSE L’Orange (and/or lime juice).
- Pour the liquid into a 13 by 9 by 2-inch high glass baking dish.
- Put in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- For a nice grainy texture, scrape the surface with a fork to create crystals, put in the freezer 1 hour and repeat a few times after that for the last two hours of freezing.
- Serve in cocktail glasses and decorate with fresh mint leaves.