The pear and chocolate go so well together! Here is a recipe for muffins full of pears and chocolate, with a little touch of ginger. Whether for breakfast with a smoothie or snack, I ‘m sure you will love these muffins.
- 1 3/4 cup unbleached flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and diced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C (350 °F).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Pour in the dry ingredients. Stir gently and add the pears.
- Spoon batter into silicone molds with a spoon.
- Bake in center of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.