It’s almost Valentine’s Day, here’s a healthy and delicious cake!
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar
- 2 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup or pure cane sugar
- 1 tbs cornstarch
- 1 tbs water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer with the sugar for about 2 minutes. Add vanilla, oil and mashed banana, then dry ingredients and combined.
- Grease a 6 or 8″ springform pan (I used 9″ and the cake was not very high) with coconut oil and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Pour batter evenly and bake for about 30 minutes or until top is firm enough. Allow to cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- In a saucepan, combine the raspberries, sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- In a glass, dilute cornstarch in a little cold water and pour into the pan. Stir constantly until thickened and remove from heat.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate. This puree can be prepared the day before.
- Put the cake on a display tray and spread the raspberry puree on top.
- You can double the recipe to make a two layer cake.