A quick and easy dessert to make on a weeknight. As a dessert or as a snack, you can add fresh fruits or pour a little maple syrup onto it.
Serves: 6 people
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons mini tapioca
- 2 cups 1% milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, beat egg slightly.
- Add maple syrup, salt, milk and tapioca.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir constantly over low medium until the mixture thickens and boils (about 15 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and mix.
- Stir after 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
You can also vary the recipe by separating the egg, beat the egg white and add to the end with the vanilla. Your tapioca will be creamier.