Here are some mini cupcakes that are eaten almost in one bite! This recipe can be divided in half to make 18 mini cupcakes with coconut, spice or just vanilla.
Yield: 36 mini cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ c. tsp (7.5 ml) baking powder
- ¼ c. tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 1 ½ c. tsp (7.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 6 c. tbsp (90 mL) canola oil
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup grated coconut without sugar
I always try to find recipes for frosting that you can eat without feeling too guilty. I do not like butter cream, so here is a recipe that uses very little, while being easy to handle with a spatula.
- 150 grams of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of soft butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- Grated coconut
- Place the rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 ° C). Place the paper liners in the mini cupcakes pan.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer for about 10 minutes or until the mixture lightens, triples in volume and forms a ribbon. Add oil in a stream while whisking.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk until smooth. Add coconut and mix lightly.
- Using an ice cream scoop or two small spoons, fill the trays three quarter up with batter.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the centre of cake comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
For the icing:
- Roast the grated coconut in a frying pan to medium heat or in the oven at 325 ° F on a plate. The flakes will toast very quickly and won’t take more than 5-10 minutes.
- Mix the icing sugar, butter and water until the mixture is homogeneous. Then sprinkle with toasted coconut before the icing hardens. Store in an airtight container.