Hmm, good soft molasses cookies. I would write healthy cookies, but as almost all the recipes in this blog, they are low in fat and sugar! A comforting snack during our long winter months.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter (or coconut oil to try)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger (or less depending on your taste)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, beat with an electric mixer the first 8 ingredients by adding one by one in order.
- Add and mix the flour and baking powder until well blended.
- Spoon cookie on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.