Baileys rice pudding with chestnut bread from pastry Le Painnamou
A long walk on Mount Royal took us to Côte-des-Neiges street, then to Sherbrooke and onto Bishop. We discover a new Korean bakery, Le Painnamou, and buy chestnuts bread. Slightly sweet, great with a little honey or to accompany a coffee. When we got home, I cooked a quick dessert with a little bit of Baileys; it’s always good…
Serving: 4 ramekins
- 1 tablespoon all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 cups milk 1%
- 1/3 cup short grain rice (arborio)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of Baileys
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- In a saucepan, whisk flour into milk. Stir in sugar and rice and heat without boiling over medium heat, stirring often.
- Reduce to low heat, add cinnamon, vanilla and raisins. Stir occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until rice is very tender. Remove from heat and stir in the Baileys.
- Pour into ramekins and refrigerate (pudding will thicken).
Pastry Le Painnamou
2019 Bishop Street