- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 Tbsp chickpea flour
- A little water
- 10 ml ground cumin
- 10 ml ground turmeric
- 20 ml of ground curry
- A few fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, add the sliced onion, chickpea flour, turmeric, cumin, curry, salt and the water. Mix together until well coated.
- Heat the frying oil. Form balls the size of a golf ball. Fry the onion bhaji by four or five, about 5 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove onion bhaji oil and drain on paper towels. Keep them warm until they are all cooked and salted.
Did you know: the chickpea flour contains no gluten, is rich in vegetable proteins, vitamins and minerals and dietary fiber.