- 1 1/4 cup (310 ml) all purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 + 1/3 cup (205 ml) sugar
- 1 1/2 c. teaspoon (7 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) melted butter
- A pinch of salt
- 3 cups (750 ml) fresh blueberries (here I used frozen blueberry)
- In a bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add milk, vanilla and melted butter and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is smooth, no more (do not overmix).
- Using a spatula, spread the batter into a greased 8-inch square (20 cm) square, greased. Sprinkle batter evenly blueberries and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake in preheated 350 ° F (180 ° C) 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Place the cake on a wire rack and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve hot.