I made several soups this winter, but no receipts were satisfactory enough to include them in my blog. Inspired from thriftyfoods.com site, this soup is comforting and tasty.
Servings: 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 chopped onion or shallot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth or chicken
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- In a large pot, heat oil and add onion, garlic and carrots and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, thyme and broth, bring to boil then simmer for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Puree in blender, add the milk, mustard, salt, pepper and reheat.
- Pour into small bowls and add the grated cheese.