Sometimes we have a craving for sugar, chocolate and cookies! Here is a healthy recipe for tender chocolate cookies, which will satisfy your cravings!
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 2 tbs of ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted organic coconut oil
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4-5 chopped dates
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet or 2 small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, eggs, sugar and vanilla to achieve a smooth and homogeneous mixture.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder , the bicarbonate soda, cocoa, salt, flax seeds and add to liquid mixture.
- Fold in dates and make small balls crushed with the dough and place on the plate.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, remove from the oven and let cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.