A recipe for madeleine that do not require refrigeration, so ready in under 30 minutes. A quick little dessert, loved by all. The madeleines can be done in different flavors: plain, honey, vanilla, lemon, cocoa, spices, almonds, orange, or even with ham or cheese.
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease the madeleine pans and set aside.
- Melt butter and let cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and salt at high speed until fluffy.
- Beating constantly, gradually add sugar and continue beating at high speed from 5 to 10 minutes, until the mixture is thick and pale yellow. The mixture should fall like a ribbon.
- Sift flour into egg mixture 1/3 at a time, stirring gently with a spoon after each addition.
- Mix quickly but gently butter in the dough. Add the chocolate chips. Pour batter into molds up fingerprints.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes, or until the madeleines are golden.
- Let cool slightly before removing from pan and let them dry on a rack. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar.
The madeleines are best eaten the same day. They are also very good dipped in coffee or tea.