These chocolate no-bake energy bites taste just like a cookie, although they are full of protein and naturally sweetened.
Yield: about 16 bites
- 1 cup almond
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon chopped bittersweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Halve the dates to ensure that it does not remain pits ( I always find one or two pits in a bag of pitted dates ) .
- Soak dates in a bowl of water for about 10-15 minutes, then drain well.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds until crumbly. Add all other ingredients and grind until the formation of a paste.
- Pour into a bowl and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes so the dough is less sticky. In a plate, roll into 1-inch balls and coat with coconut, toasted sesame seeds or cocoa. Keep refrigerate or freeze.