A nutritious and healthy banana bread for lunch. The banana flavor will be more pronounced if you use very ripe bananas.
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ cup mashed ripe banana with a fork ( 3-4 bananas)
- ½ cup coconut milk or almond milk with coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Line with parchment paper loaf pan 23 x 13 cm (9 x 5 inches) with a capacity of 1.5 liters (6 cups) .
- In a bowl , combine flour, salt , nuts, baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix bananas, coconut milk or almond coconut milk.
- In a third bowl, cream the butter or coconut oil and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg, vanilla and mix until the mixture is smooth. At low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately with the banana mixture.
- Pour into the loaf pan. Bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the dough comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack before removing from pan.