These coconut macaroon are quick to prepare, perfect for sports or when you have a small drop in energy. These macaroon are gluten-free and comply with the principles of the Paleo diet. You can vary the recipe by adding a little lemon zest, almond extract or cover with melted chocolate.
Serving: 18-20 cookies
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (organic if possible)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla while whisking.
- Add coconut and mix well.
- Form balls with two spoons, hands or ice cream scoop.
- Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a rack.