I love lemon or vanilla Graham pies. For this one, I inspired myself of a recipe for a vanilla pie and I added coconut and rum.
- 1 ¼ cups (150 g) graham
- 1/4 cup (60 g) butter or margarine
- ½ cup (100 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (20 grams) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons (12 g) flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 cups (500 g) milk
- 2 egg yolks (reserve whites for meringue)
- 1 teaspoon (5g) of butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- 3/4 cup of grated coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 ° F.
- Melt the butter 1 minute in the microwave.
- Mix the Graham crumbs and melted butter with a fork.
- Press mixture in bottom and around a pie plate.
- Bake the crust in the oven for about 8-10 min.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and 2 egg yolks, then pour into the pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until boiling. Boil 1 minute, then remove from heat. The filling should be creamy.
- Add butter, coconut, rum and vanilla. Pour into the pie plate and let rest for a while.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, adding sugar gradually.
- Place on pie and bake at 475 ° F in the center of the oven for about 4 to 6 minutes or under the grill for 2 minutes.