These muffins are moist and very tender, even if they contain no butter or oil. Very easy to do, you cannot go without them for lunch or for a snack.
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional, as they contain some fat)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, baking power and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix with an electric mixer the egg, sugar and vanilla extract. Gradually add the milk and then the bananas.
- Add the mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together. Add the chocolate chips. Put in lined muffin pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.