This Mediterranean salad is very summery and tasty. I advise you to assemble it just before serving to prevent it from becoming soggy. Watermelon is the most lycopene-rich food, a powerful and important antioxidant in the prevention of some cancers. It also contains an amino acid, phenylalanine, whose action can protect against Parkinson disease. You can vary the recipe by adding kalamata olives and sliced red onions.
- 2-3 cups seedless watermelon cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup goat feta or regular crumbled or cut into small cubes
- 6 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of one lime
- 1 tsp of honey
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine melon, feta and mint.
- In a small bowl,whisk all the dressing ingredients until dissolved.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.