A great summer dish directly from the garden, this salad is composed by the first harvest. You can use the leafy greens you have on hand and add thinly sliced cucumber, onion, pepper. This year, I replaced the green kale by the red kale, which I find more tender and less bitter. Here is a real garden salad!
- A few Boston and oak lettuce leaves, chard, red kale, watercress
- A garlic flower scape
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes sliced in 1/2
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tbs of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp maple flakes or maple syrup
- Wash in cold water, drain and chop the lettuce, chard, red kale and watercress. Pour in a large bowl.
- Wash and cut into small sections garlic flower scape, add to salad with cherry tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the dressing ingredients and pour on the salad, stir well and serve.