These are really good granola, you can not stop eating in, nothing comparable to industrial granola bars. I eat it as a snack or put some pieces in a bowl of yogurt. Use dried fruit and nuts you have on hand: cranberry, apricot pieces, dried cherries, almonds, etc..
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (large flake)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (small flakes, but you can also just put large flakes)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or unsweetened coconut (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt over low heat honey and coconut oil.
- Remove from heat, add all the other ingredients (I put the oats at the end) and mix well
- In a square or rectangular dish, cover with parchment paper (I tried without and it sticks a lot), add the mixture and mash well with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 350F until the granola is lightly browned. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, coconut oil will help to harden.