Servings: 6 ramekins
- 250g chopped leeks
- Butter to grease + 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 300 ml of milk
- 75g grated cheese, like cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter, then bring down the leeks.
- Add flour and Dijon mustard and mix well.
- Add milk and stir until the sauce becomes thick. Salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, stir in the egg yolks, then the grated cheese until that melts.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites, for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1/3 of the whites into the above mixture, fold in to relax the preparation.
- Pour the mixture over the meringue into another bowl and fold in with a spatula.
- Divide between the ramekins buttered.
- Bake about 15 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.