My mother always made the lemon meringue pie with a graham cracker crust. It has become my version of this pie, so simple to achieve. Here is my first lemon pie, excellent healthy dessert easy to prepare. Depending on your taste for lemon, you can use one to two, I’ve used a big one and the taste was just enough bitter.
- 1 ¼ cups (150 g) cracker crumbs Graham
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Zest of a large lemons
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Melt the butter in the microwave for about 1 minute and mix with cracker crumbs. Press mixture in bottom and around a pie plate and bake the crust in the oven at 375 ° F, about 8-10 min
- Mix cornstarch with water and lemon juice.
- In a saucepan, mix cornstarch with sugar and lemon zest.
- Cook over high heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Once the mixture thickens, reduce heat, add the egg yolks and stir another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add butter and melt, stirring the mixture well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff, adding sugar gradually.
- Gently put the meringue on pie and bake at 425 ° F in the center of the oven for about 4 to 6 minutes.