It’s already the end of this wonderful summer 2016 and markets abound fruits and vegetables. After cooking the plum compote, here are fluffy muffins, filled with pieces of plums. Hard to eat just one! I have used in my recipe 1/3 cup sugar with about 1 large tablespoon of orange marmalade and I dusted the top of golden cane sugar. You can adjust sugar to taste, but the almost candied plums in muffin also add a sweet taste.
- 1 1/3 unbleached flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 3 tbs of ground flaxseed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 -1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cups of milk
- About 3-4 larges plums pitted and diced
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, flax seeds and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with sugar and add oil, milk, vanilla.
- Pour in the dry ingredients. Stir gently and add the pieces of plums.
- Spoon batter into silicone molds with a spoon. Sprinkle golden cane sugar to taste (optional).
- Bake in center of oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.