2013 is the year of quinoa, this small seed is rich in protein and is part of the family of the beet and spinach. Cultivated for almost 5,000 years in South America, it is only in recent years that it is demystified and cooked in North America. Gluten-free with many nutritional qualities, it is very easy to integrate it into our menus.
- 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons of dry currants or dried cranberries
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, cook the quinoa as directed on the package.
- At the end of cooking, mix the orange juice, turmeric, dry currants, salt and pepper to quinoa. Let cool a few minutes.
- Mix all the other ingredients to make a dressing and mix with quinoa. You can sprinkle some sunflower seeds.