Spring is coming and I can not wait to prepare the garden and eat vegetables from Quebec. Here is a delicious soup with red peppers and sweet potatoes, quick to make and full of vitamins.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- few drops of Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of milk
- In a large saucepan over medium heat olive oil, add the onion, potato and peppers. Sauté for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to brown a bit.
- Add broth and simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and strain the soup in a blender, food processor or in the pot with stand mixer and puree until smooth. Season with Tabasco and spices and mix well.
- Add milk and heat gently before serving.