I adopted this vegetarian recipe that can accompaniment with salad, onion bhaji or grilled vegetables. Made quickly, you can customize with spices you have on hand or to taste: herbs, cajun, chili, curry, garlic, etc.
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- some garlic powder
- some dried onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh or frozen coriander
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine chickpeas with all the ingredients, then spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stir a little. You can increase the cooking time to about 50 minutes if you want crisper and dried. I like to sprinkle a little bit of salt and more lemon juice at the end.